The common termite has been around since long before humans even started building homes. They date all the way back to the dinosaurs. And luckily, despite their longevity, there are ways to eliminate them and even ways to prevent them!
No House is Immune to Termites
While older homes tend to be more susceptible to termite infestation, that doesn’t mean newer homes are impenetrable. Termites will go for any wood – in fact termites will also go for houses constructed of concrete slabs or brick. Since they are “equal opportunity feeders,” it’s important you know how to prevent an infestation from taking over your home.
Termite-Proof Your Home
Here are things you can do to prevent termites:
- Termites love moisture so check for leaky pipes or faucets that can cause of pools of water or dampness.
- Gutters and downspouts are also damp areas. It’s advised that you use splash blocks to divert running water from your house foundation.
- Termites love hard to reach places, such as crawl spaces under your house, sheds, basements, attics. Create a plastic moisture barrier on the ground in these spaces to prevent moisture from building up and thus attract termites.
- Check your house’s foundation for cracks. Fill these cracks up immediately, as termites can enter those cracks and nest there.
- Remove all wood debris such as scrap lumber, tree branches, and stumps, or even leftover firewood from around your home.
Contact a Local Pest Control Specialist
It’s best to leave the elimination and control of termites to pest control experts. A termite inspector will be able to advise you on termite treatment, but also termite prevention. There are a wide variety of treatment options for your home, and no doubt, the experts at Arizona Termite Control will be able to advise you in all of them.
Need help in Scottsdale? Visit Termite Control Scottsdale.
Termite Control Glendale
20118 N 67th Avenue
Glendale AZ 85308
License # 8918